Thursday 14 September 2017

How much cat food is enough?

Just thought I will share my own experience with my Khao Manee cats and hopefully there are inputs from readers. Though there are daily dietary recommendations, I have just been putting free flow of food and up to the cats to have their meal throughout the day. This worked out pretty well compared with my Mini Schnauzer puppy who just wolfed down whatever was offered.

We tried fully dry food which work well with the puppy but the cats seem to prefer wet food more. As a balance, we mix the wet food topping it up with dry food above which worked out pretty well.
We eventually settled down to twice a day; first thing in the morning and the last thing at night.

However recently, the mix have been left neglected and I suspect either they don't like the food or they are overfed. The kittens Anna and Elsa still look slim and lanky while the mother cat is slightly plump but still breastfeeding. I'm now thinking to follow the dietary recommendation exactly but how do we separate out the food when they have been sharing all the while.

So, what do other cat owners do? Do leave a comment of your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment